If you are living with chronic pain, it is tough to sleep at night or concentrate during the day. Pain can affect your energy levels and it can impact your general enjoyment in life. Fortunately, you can seek help through pain specialist hong kong. If this is the first time you have heard about it, here are the things you should know about it:
What is a pain specialist?
The goal of pain specialists is to alleviate your pain and improve your quality of life through treatments. By asking for help, you will have the skills to manage your pain. With pain management, you can return to work or resume whatever passions you are pursuing.
You must be aware that pain specialists come from different medical fields. For instance, any doctor from any specialty like family, neurology, and emergency may be a pain physician. This means that when seeking a pain physician, it will depend on your symptoms, diagnosis and your needs.
Is there an outpatient medical facility for pain?
Whether you need headache treatment hk or not, you will be directed to an outpatient medical facility called pain clinic. It is recommended that if you seek help for your chronic pain, you should immediately visit a pain clinic because it is a group practice. This means that there is a group of doctors in the clinic. At the end of the day, no one specialist can treat pain alone.
What to look for when choosing a pain clinic?
There are many pain clinics but your decision should be based on the following aspects:
- Specialty: the pain clinic should be multi-specialty because it means it is capable to facilitate case conferences. Case conferences describe the meeting of all the doctors to talk about the cases of patients. Without the case conference, there is no communication and a chance of a possible collaboration.
- Therapists: the ideal pain clinic should also employ therapists like physical, occupational, chiropractors, nurse practitioners, psychologists and many more who can help you process the pain.
- License or accreditation: if you see a license or accreditation, it means that the clinic is reliable and trustworthy because it abides by a certain set of standards.
- Location: the location should be accessible by public transport so you won’t have a hard time reaching and leaving the place.
So, what happens at a pain clinic?
You need to know what will happen so you can prepare for it. Here’s what happens at a pain clinic:
- You will likely see a generalist on your first visit. This generalist may be an internal medicine doctor or nurse practitioner.
- It is expected that you will go through an interview where the generalist will gather your information or history.
- After that, you should expect a physical examination together with diagnostic tests with pain assessment.
- Following the tests and the assessment, you will be under a primary care assistant where your care will be coordinated.
- Do not expect that narcotic prescriptions are included in your treatment. Keep in mind that narcotic prescription is just one tool and it cannot work all the time.
- When it comes to payment, you should expect delays in getting insurance company approval. With this, you have to be ready.