Complete oral care is only possible when you give your teeth the kind of attention that you give to your face, skin and other parts of your body. The problem is, people don’t often see bad things coming early. Agreed that your mouth has its own ways to defend against harmful bacteria and plague, but you need to keep it effective.
Diseases Caused by Poor Oral Health
Most of the time, people tend to get stomach pain, throat pain, viral infections, bacterial infections and diseases, just because they don’t take care of their mouth that well. In fact, diseases like cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure and heart attacks are related to mouth infections.
Basic Oral Care
So, you need to ensure you follow the basics, and for this purpose you need to ensure a few things, such as:
- Brushing regularly
- Flossing at least twice a week
- Keeping your mouth hydrated for consistent saliva buildup
- Making sure you don’t catch any toothache, and more
Since your mouth is the opening for food, air and water to go inside your body, it needs more than just an ordinary oral care. Apart from what you do at home, here are few more things to ensure complete oral protection.
- Don’t Ignore the Pain
Dental visits are essential after every six months. Regular consultation with dentist Brampton will help you maintain hygienic and healthy mouth. If you persistently experience bleeding or pain in gums, then you should call your dentist today. Schedule a dental visit immediately.
- Babies Need Oral Care More than You Do
Start oral care in your babies, when their first tooth comes out. Clean them with a damp cloth or soft toothbrush. You will find many dentists in Brampton who would help you in this.
- Teach your kids the importance of cleaning teeth and how to clean them properly.
- Teach them how to clean their hands properly and when.
- Attend to their eating needs and desire to take everything in their mouth
If they have clean hands and clean mouth, chances of getting viral infections, cough, influenza, sour throat and toothache can be reduced.
- Include these 3 Items in Your Food
Increase intake of healthy food that are beneficial for your oral.
- Milk and other dairy products are great sources of calcium that makes your teeth and gums strong.
- Fruits and vegetables that have high water percentage keep your mouth moist. This helps in decreasing bad breath.
- Green tea contains polyphenols as antioxidants. They help prevent oral cavities and bad breath.
- Consume As Much Healthy Liquid As Possible
Liquid is essential for oral care. And by liquid, we mean all those drinks that don’t have carbonates. Water, fruit juices, milk and milk shakes are great for growth, and they are also helpful in maintaining saliva buildup in mouth. Keep away from fizzy drinks, soft and soda drinks, and especially, alcohol.
- Say “NO” to Tobacco and Caffeine
Use of tobacco increases the risk of tooth decay, mouth cancer and many other periodontal diseases. Other than this, tobacco also has many ill effects on the body. To avoid this, completely stop its intake. Some people use candies or caffeinated drinks to mask the bad smell of tobacco. By doing this you will only worsen the case even more.