The health of an eye is often ignored by people. It must be kept in mind that eye health is as important as the health of the other parts of your body. This article provides various signs to look out for indicating the need for an eye exam or eye check up singapore.
- A person is unable to remember when he had his last eye exam.
It has probably been a while if a person is unable to remember the last time he went through a thorough eye exam. Many diseases concerning your eyes might not show any symptoms at first and might continue to worsen with time because of being unnoticed. Screening can assist a person to get a sooner treatment and avoid any worst scenarios that might take place in the future.
Early treatment and diagnosis are critical for treating any common eye disease, say, for instance:
- Macular degeneration related to age
- Diabetic retinopathy
- A person has a high risk of eye diseases.
Just like the various aspects of your health, some things can significantly increase the overall risks of a person developing any issues concerning his eyes; some of them are known to be out of your control.
A person should think about getting his eyes checked annually if:
- He has a family or personal history of eye diseases such as glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration, or diabetic retinopathy.
- He is Mexican American or African American.
- He has diabetes that might lead to glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, or cataracts.
- He has a demanding job which requires the use of a computer for the whole day.
- He wears contact lenses.
- He has eyesight that is continuously worsening over time.
- A person is suffering from any allergies.
If you have irritated and red eyes but you are not able to see anything present in them, you might be having eye allergies. A person might not even witness any tell-tale signs indicating the presence of eye allergies such as stuffy nose, sneezing, or sniffing; but he might be having eye allergies if he is experiencing:
- Watery and clear discharge
Such can be caused to a person by:
- Indoor allergens such as mold, dust mites, or pet dander
- Outdoor allergens like weeds, trees, or grass
- Irritants such as perfume or smoke
Healthy eyes are considered a crucial part of the overall health of a person. By keeping up with an eye check up singapore regularly while maintaining the health of your eye, you can save yourself from any health and vision problems that might occur tomorrow or in the years to come.