Supplements are hugely popular right now. They are touted on television from well known doctors and advertised everywhere on the internet. It’s difficult to know if you should be taking supplements and, if so, which is the right one for you.
Below is a list of popular types of supplements and the effects they claim to have. Once you pinpoint a supplement that can suit your needs, choosing a brand can be tricky. It can be complicated to navigate clinical studies and research to find supplements that actually do what they claim to do! In order to assist you, health experts at analyze that provide unbiased reviews comparing and contrasting many popular products.
Which Brands Can You Trust?
With so many different types of supplements available, which brands can you trust? Here are some criteria to keep in mind as you peruse different websites:
- 100% pure ingredients
- Ingredients based on proven clinical research
- Money back guarantee
- Tested and monitored by a third party
- Manufactured in an FDA approved laboratory
4 Types of General Health Supplements
Get a sampling of what natural supplements can do for your health with the examples below.
- Omega 3 – Found naturally in certain types of seafood, healthy oils and walnuts, there are a range of health benefits associated with Omega 3. It aids in the following:
- Eye disease
- Heart disease
- Memory loss
Most people in the US don’t eat enough seafood due to concerns of high mercury levels
and therefore are not getting enough Omega 3 in their diet.
- Moringa – Native to Southeast Asia, the Moringa tree is chock full of vitamins and
anti-oxidants. Moringa can be taken orally or applied topically for a variety of health benefits.
Some of the health benefits of ingesting Moringa include:
- Increased breast milk production
- Alleviating arthritis pain
- Helping asthma symptoms
- Aiding gastric distress
- Diabetes regulation
- Control over epilepsy
- Aiding anemia
- Increased sex drive
- And more
Moringa applied to the skin helps with:
- Skin infections
- Athlete’s foot
- And more
- Garcinia Cambogia – This fruit is known by many other names including “monkey fruit”
and grows naturally in tropical areas. Health benefits include:
- Weight loss
- Appetite suppressant
It may also assist in maintaining cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
- Saffron – Known for its thin yellow strands that are difficult to procure, saffron is an
expensive and exotic spice. The possible health benefits attributed to saffron are astounding.
- They help alleviate pain – For example menstrual cramps in women.
- Aid in pneumatic issues – For example asthma, cough, whooping cough, etc.
- Help with insomnia
- Aid in gastrointestinal issues – For example, flatulence and heartburn
- Alleviate depression
- Aid in infertility
- Aid in cardiac issues – For example, atherosclerosis
If you’re currently taking medication, please speak to your doctor about adding a supplement to your health routine. Many supplements are so effective that they may interact too strongly with your medication.
Natural supplements made with pure ingredients are a positive way of incorporating more plant products into our daily lives. Above are samplings of supplements to check out to see if they can suit your needs.