If not treated properly, a cataract can increase the glare from lights and cause you to have blurry vision and Increased light sensitivity, greatly affecting your lifestyle. If the cataract makes it hard for you to continue your normal activities, it may be the best time to undergo cataract surgery.
Doctors may also suggest cataract surgery if it hinders with treatment of another problem in your eyes. For instance, your eye doctor may suggest cataract surgery if the cataract makes it hard for your eye doctor to monitor the back of your eye to treat other eye problems, including diabetic retinopathy and age-related macular degeneration.
There are cases whereby waiting to undergo cataract surgery will notdo further damage toyour eye, which allows ample time for consideration.In cases whereby vision is largely unaffected by cataracts and you do not experience any symptoms, you may not need cataract surgery for the years to come.
Another great thing about cataract surgery is that it is largely successful and has minimal complications. However, as with any surgery, it has risks as well, including:
- Retinal detachment
- Secondary cataract
These complications are rare, and minor complications can be treated with medications postoperatively.
If you are looking for a centre in Singapore that offers quality cataract surgery, we recommend you visit Atlas Eye. They are an ophthalmology specialist centre that provides evidence-based treatments in Singapore. Their centre is trusted for harnessing the advantages of using modern technology and techniques for them to get better results in eye health rehabilitation or enhancement of their patients. Headed by Dr. David Chan, Atlas Eye is fast becoming one of the go-to place for any eye health concern.
Dr. Chan is a Medical Doctor and a Senior Consultant Eye Surgeon. He spearheads their team of staff, and is trained in the field of Anterior Segment Surgery, Complex Cataract Surgery, and Refractive surgery at the University of Calgary in Canada and the Singapore National Eye Centre.
Atlas Eye is the first and only specialist eye centre that is independently owned by eye surgeons in the country tooffer Relex Smile.
Visit their eye carecentretoday to learn more about the following services:
- Contact Lens Related Conditions – if not used properly, your contact lenses can cause infections.
- Refractive Errors – helps with knowing the right prescription glasses or contact lens you need
- Cataract – visit if you experience progressive clouding of vision
- Dry Eyes – this occurs when your eyes do not properly produce tears, or when tears evaporate too quickly.
- Glaucoma – this condition can damage your eye’s optic nerve and eventually result in permanent vision loss.
- Floaters – Spots that float about in your field of vision. Find out how you can get rid of them by visiting Atlas Eye.
- Diabetic Retinopathy – this condition is due to diabetes. Learn more about it with the help of Dr. David Chan.
- Children’s Eye Care – let Atlas Eyehelp provide a better care of your child’s vision.
- Age-related Macular Degeneration – regular preventive eye exams as well as early diagnosis is important in maintaining eye health.
- Corneal & External Diseases of the Eye – these refers to various conditions that affect the external surfaces of your eyes, such as allergies, infections or inflammation of the cornea and conjunctiva.