You can use veneers to get a beautiful and brand new smile and if your teeth are stained or chipped or even worn-out, porcelain dental veneers can definitely be a great way in which you can brighten and reshape your smile. If you don’t know what porcelain veneers are, they are thin pieces of porcelain which recreates the natural feel and look of your teeth and also offers resilience and strength as compared to the natural enamel of your tooth. There are people who go for cosmetic alterations and make slight alterations in positions or change the shape, size and color of the tooth.
Porcelain veneers – The hows and whys
The porcelain laminate veneers comprises of a compilation of different thin ceramic layers which replace the enamel of the tooth and an adhesive layer. In order to apply a veneer, a small portion of the original tooth enamel has to be eliminated, less than a millimeter. Without doing this, you can’t create space for the porcelain veneer to fit inside your mouth and make it restore natural function of tooth while creating a better appearance of your natural tooth.
Now the bond that is created between porcelain veneer and the original tooth is crucial as it doesn’t only offer aesthetic perfection but also creates a strong bond that is required for proper functioning of veneer. There is a sensitive resin which is placed between the veneer and the tooth and then it is hardened using a curing light.
Benefits of applying porcelain veneers
- Durability and strength: Porcelain veneers are created from a durable and strong material with which you can still continue eating your favorite foods without even having to worry about breaking them.
- Results are natural looking: Porcelain veneers are made in such a manner that they match the exact color of your tooth. Hence the results are natural-looking.
- Solution for long term: Veneers made of porcelain can last up to 10-15 years if you keep it with proper care.
- Personalized for a better smile: The impressions of your teeth are usually sent to a lab so that the veneers can be made exactly like them. Hence as they are hand-crafted to fit in along with your natural tooth, you can smile confidently in them.
- Simple and quick process: Within just 2 visits, you can complete the placement of the porcelain veneers. So, it’s pretty quick and easy process.
- Cosmetic advantages: Veneers made of porcelain improve teeth which are chipped, cracked, broken, widely spaced, badly discoloured and even slightly misaligned. Hence, you can also reap such cosmetic benefits by wearing porcelain veneers.
- Improves confidence: When you have an improved smile, you will feel more confident about the appearance and this will definitely give you a life of better quality.
Therefore, if you’re wondering about the ways in which you can improve your broken or discoloured tooth, you can always speak to your dentist and get porcelain veneers done to your tooth.