An electric toothbrush is an advanced toothbrush which has a rotating or sonic mechanism and helps clean teeth properly and maintains a proper dental hygiene. Compared to a regular manual toothbrush, an electric toothbrush works in a much better way to avoid problems like plaque in the mouth. These toothbrushes are highly recommended by dentists due to their advantages over manual toothbrushes. Electric toothbrush reviews collected from individuals that have used it for months show that there is the decrease in the number of dental problems since the use of an electric toothbrush.
Advantages Over a Manual Toothbrush:
- Electric toothbrushes clean the mouth much better than a manual brush, due to their rotating oscillatory or sonic motion.
- Electric toothbrushes help reduce problems like plaque or gingivitis.
- An electric toothbrush works softly on gums which reduces the problem of gum bleeding effectively.
- They have built-in timers that can be set to appropriately as suggested by the dentist to avoid over brushing as it can weaken gums.
- Electric toothbrushes have multiple modes to suit the mode of the user. These modes can either depend on the sensitivity of the preferred way of brushing of the user.
- They have pressure sensors in them to avoid vigorous brushing as it can lead to gum problems.
- These toothbrushes are easier to use and give better results than manual toothbrushes.
- They have a rechargeable battery that can be charged to use the device again.
- Electric toothbrush reviews show that these toothbrushes have a longer life than manual toothbrushes due to the presence of sanitizers that help keep the toothbrush clean for a longer period.
Types and Their Benefits:
- There are two types of electric toothbrushes, rotating-oscillating electric toothbrush, and sonic or ultrasonic (vibrating) electric toothbrush. According to electric toothbrush reviews, both these toothbrushes are equally effective in reducing dental problems.
- The basic difference between these two types of toothbrushes is that rotating-oscillating type toothbrush have smaller round heads that move in rotating motion alternating directions; while the sonic toothbrushes have the head like manual toothbrushes and work due to the high vibrating motion of the toothbrush head.
- Rotating toothbrush can produce up to 7500 strokes per minute while the sonic toothbrush produces up to 40000 strokes per minute.
- Sonic toothbrushes are less noisy than the oscillating-rotating toothbrush but are more expensive.
- Rotating-oscillating toothbrushes help in reducing plaque or gingivitis while sonic toothbrush help in reducing problems like periodontitis.
An electric toothbrush is the better alternatives to manual toothbrushes due to their efficiency to provide higher oral hygiene and reduce the risks of dental problems. No matter the type, both types of electric toothbrushes work equally well in reducing dental problems. These toothbrushes are specifically useful for individuals suffering from arthritis or similar problems that can make manual brushing painful. Also, the multiple modes and other properties of the electric toothbrushes help provide a suitable cleaning to mouth including flossing, tongue cleaning, etc. It uses zero manual energy and produces the best result and hence is recommended by most dentists.