Irritable bowel syndrome or in short IBS is a common condition among people that affects the colon and causes abdominal pain, cramping, diarrhea, gas, constipation and bloating. IBS is a complex problem that troubles the bowel habits. This condition can be taken care of by certain ibs medication, which is addressed in the article below. However, before we proceed onto the medication, let us know the causes and symptoms of it.
CAUSES LEADING TO IBS:
A variety of causes lead to irritable bowel syndrome. The intestinal walls are lined with muscle layers, which relax and contract in a rhythm. These contractions get stronger and last for a longer time if you have the irritable bowel syndrome. This will lead to either diarrhea or constipation. This may trigger from a few reasons:
- People suffering with irritable bowel syndrome show worse symptoms during times of extreme stress like the interview of the jobs or final exams week. Stress aggravates the condition, instead of causing them.
- Food allergy or food intolerance is not yet understood in IBS. However, a few food items have been known to aggravate the syndrome like milk, beans, spices, fat, alcohol, carbonated drinks etc.
- Women are more likely to experience IBS and it is so believed that Hormones play a role in the cause of this syndrome.
Other than the causes mentioned above, Acute diarrhea, bacterial infections can also trigger IBS.
SYMPTOMS OF IBS:
The symptoms of IBS vary for one person to the other. Some of the most common symptoms are listed below:
- Mucus in the stool
- Bacterial overgrowth in the intestines
- Weight loss
- Rectal bleeding
In case you notice any one or more of these symptoms, it is important that you visit a doctor immediately.
NATURAL REMEDIES FOR IBS:
Along with proper medication extended by leading brands like Grocare, it is very important to follow health regimes and home remedies so that the condition does not reoccur or it helps to cure faster. These are some things you may do at home to ensure better help and relief from IBS:
- Avoid food that causes gas and bloating. Like coffee and carbonated drinks. Mainly dairy products and fatty foods. These foods might make your symptoms worse. Therefore, avoiding any food that causes discomfort is the first thing you should do.
- Regular small meals. In the busy days of our lives, we often skip meals. To regulate a better bowel function, one must eat smaller meals at frequent times, rather than skipping meals and having a big meal at the end of the day. Heavier breakfast and lighter dinner is the key to a good metabolism.
- Fluid intake. Drinking water is very important. Avoiding alcohols, caffeine will help you heal faster.
- Fiber supplement. Fiber is good for constipation. A healthy diet chart that contains fiber is very important, such as vegetables, whole grains, beans, fruits. Proper fiber intake will help reduce gas or any intestinal inflammatory condition.
MEDICATION FOR TREATING IBS:
Eliminating the infection and increasing intestinal health helps in the reducing of the intestinal swellings and thus it normalizes the gastro intestinal health. Stomaid and Acidim are two medicines produced by Grocare, that fight infections, by supporting microflora, the good bacteria, ensuring good digestion. Stomaid strengthens the intestines and the stomach and rebuilds the immunity to fight with the clinical infections while, Acidim helps relieving the gastric conditions and helps reducing bloating and indigestion. Together, these medicines from Grocare help to treat IBS effectively.