A blood glucose reading system (glucometer, glucose scanner) is a portable device designed to scan the glucose (sugar) levels present in the blood. This is the usual self-management performed by patients and healthcare professionals to determine if there is a need for insulin. For people with diabetes, this is a necessity that they need to have at all times, along with the strips.
Despite the size, this is a very reliable device that should be in a person’s personal belongings at all times (for the people that need it). For most people with Diabetes, knowing the signs and symptoms of hyperglycemia (increased blood sugar levels) and hypoglycemia (decreased blood sugar levels) is essential to prompt them of the needed intervention. This blood glucose system can help determine before any hypo or hyper symptoms will occur. More importantly, provide the necessary information if the situation can be managed by insulin or does it require immediate medical intervention. As much as people would hope that this handy dandy and very useful device is indestructible, it’s not. That is why handling with care is necessary because this device doesn’t come cheap.
The new features: Surely blood glucose reading systems have come a long way in getting an upgrade. Like this blood glucose scanner system from FreeStyle Libre. It got as many features as you can possibly need for a blood glucose system.
- Displays current blood glucose interpretation
- Stores up to 90 days of glucose data
- User-friendly interface
- Easy to hold
- Backlit color touchscreen
- Shows glucose data for the past 8 hours
- FreeStyle Libre software
- Data transfer from device to PC
Things to remember when using the glucose system: Just like any other device this blood glucose system requires care in handling. If you’re too keen on taking care of your mobile device, this device needs the same care. If you’re a gadget person probably you know got the general idea on how to take care of this device even if no one told you to.
- Keep it away from the water or moisture
- Follow guidelines on how many years you can use the device
- Always check integrity and functionality of device before use
- Know your normal blood sugar levels
- Always wash your hands before you perform the test
- Collect only a drop of blood
- Be sure that the strips used are the right ones
- Make sure that the strips are not expired
- Identify a schedule on when you should perform this procedure
Blood glucose systems provide convenience, a quick and easy way to read blood sugar levels. Just like any device, it received an upgrade just like the ones that are offered by FreeStyle Libre. It has many features that people that need it the most will appreciate. But there are certain guidelines and rules that you need to remember in order to get the optimum performance of this device and avoid incorrect readings. If you’re still using an outdated version why don’t you buy the blood glucose system from FreeStyle Libre.