Fitness classes involving dance needs more energy than the normal fitness exercises. It’s the reason many workout classes involving dance have become prevalent in the recent times. Zumba is one of the forms that offer dance-based workout to people. Though K-pop, Hip-hop, and belly dancing also provide the dance-based workout, the result achieved through Zumba is more effective. With different kinds of moves, it offers fun-filled workout class. Fitness First is a good place to opt for best Zumba classes offered in Singapore with experienced professional trainers.
What is Zumba?
Zumba is a dance form that assimilates both the dance factor and the workout factor. It was created in the year 1990 by a Columbian choreographer and dancer Alberto Beto Perez.
It came into prominence as an effective fitness program in 2001 after it was launched as Zumba fitness classes in most fitness centers. It’s a combination of slow and fast sequences consisting of South American and Latin dance forms like hip-hop, Samba, Salsa, and Mambo. It includes lunges and squats as well.
Which age group are Zumba classes for?
According to the survey on Google, around 15 million people attend the weekly Zumba classes in 180 countries at over 2 lakh fitness centers. Fitness First stands as the best Zumba classes offered in Singapore. If you’re one of the people fascinated to give it a try, Fitness First offers free trial classes for it. Whether you’re a pro practicing for years or a beginner,Zumba is for everybody from kids to ladies and men.
These classes are fun and entertaining where you can try different kinds of dances, fitness exercises, and other new forms with confidence. There are a plethora of dance-style fitness classes of Zumba like SH’BAM, Bodyjam, and etc. offered at Fitness First. You can find the timetable on the website to join the preferredZumba class workout.
Different types of Zumba classes
Typically, a person can burn up to 600 calories in a Zumba class of 1 hour if he/she puts complete efforts in it. Depending upon the various ages and exertions, Zumba classes are segregated into 9 types.
- Zumba Gold:The class designed for the novice and older people.
- Zumba Step:This class involves the combination of aerobics and Zumba procedures with Latin dance forms working out on lower body.
- Zumba Toning:It involves strength and cardio training with the intent to improve thighs, arms, abs, and other muscular parts. The dance is performed using the toning sticks just like the name suggests.
- Aqua Zumba: This Zumba class is held in swimming pool and the instructor would train with the moves designed to match in the water.
- Zumba circuit: It involves strength training combining with circuit and dance usually lasting upto 30 minutes.
- Zumba Kids: These are the classes exclusively designed for the age group of 7 to 11.
- Zumba Gold Toning: It’s for the old people to improve their muscle coordination, strength, posture, and mobility.
- Zumba Sentao: Toning and strengthening the body by sitting in a chair to focus on developing upper body strength.
- Strong by Zumba: It’s the latest Zumba form introduced in the year 2016. It’s an intensified workout class synced with music for motivation while performing.
So, it doesn’t matter if you’re a parent, student, retired person, or a working professional, you’ll have a better lifestyle by joining the Zumba fitness classes.